Hack your workforce Communication: Make your team communicate better on Day 1!
Quick and clear communication is essential to exchange ideas and instructions and getting business results. A lot of times, however, non-native English speakers communicate in a way perceived to be unprofessional. Correcting this invariably seems like a lot of effort. However here are 3 hacks to communicating 10x better on Day 1
- Standardize responses. Most of the information that is exchanged within companies and with customers is pretty standard. These include meetings, mail responses, essential documents. Introductions, greetings, actual responses, closures in emails can be standardized. Documents should use templates. You will see communication quality increase on Day 1
- Write in bullets. Encourage writing in bullets and sub-bullets in emails, presentations etc. Each new thought in one bullet. No repetitions of ideas or topics. Keeping it simple enhances the communication experience on Day 1.
- Focus on ideas. Remember English is a language, not a measure of intelligence. Most of our colleagues are here because of their technical prowess and attitude not because of their perceived lack of communication in English. When they are comfortable that they are not being judged they will focus on ideas, not words. That is essentially better communication on Day 1.
Transform how your workforces communicate
- Call TWB_ Bangalore 96860 59020 | Houston (832)689-6456 | Tel Aviv +972.544.603.612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read about India’s largest Communication Training & Certifications
- Get more TWB_ insights on the TWB_ Blog | LinkedIn | Medium | SlideShare