Corporations spend millions of dollars on business transformation programmes. These are in the shape of mergers,
restructuring, or transformational IT systems and processes. This change management strategy is aimed to unlock value and growth by aligning people, processes and technology more closely with its business strategy and vision.
Extracting the full benefit from these enormous investments depends on employees having the right attitudes and skills to adapt. Change management also means tremendous learning throughout the organization. While change is not easy to initiate, it’s an even greater challenge to keep friction low within the organization when it happens and it is equally tough to ensure that the real value of the transformation is unlocked.
Most change management focuses on the business context, process and role changes, less on transitioning employees and even less on culture. Though people are the centre of transformational change since they are the ones who execute the new environment most organizations do not assign explicit responsibility for transforming people. The sheer scale of such transformation means that learning is a critical part of a successful solution. Training can transform & impact:
- Leadership & vision: Change Leadership involves creating a vision for where you are going, ensuring the conditions for success and driving the team towards real business results that transformative rather than incremental. This involves management of different geographies and backgrounds to communicate openly, agree and execute. Training transforms communication.
- Transferring process understanding: Once the business transformation is underway, processes need to be codified and transformed but this ‘new way’ also needs to be understood and become the everyday work plan and requires a tremendous amount of training to be delivered. Training transforms how people work.
- Increasing innovation capacity: Having a strong innovative capacity within the culture of the business can be the make or break of a transformation process. Training unlocks innovation.
- Transforming Culture: The culture of an organization, more than business strategy, determines how the business grows and transforms. Culture is driven by people’s belief systems. Effective training can convince people that cultural change is necessary and then internalize an alternative belief system that drives a new set of behaviours.
- Create a vision: A strategic vision for change is more than a well-articulated objective it is a compelling story about the new reality once the change has been achieved. But vision needs to be articulated & communicated to what people can see and feel and implement. Training can make a clear connection between the initiative and measurable business objectives.
- Upskilling: An essential component of transformation is to have someone at the helm with the skills, experience, and leadership necessary to be successful. Many complex projects are doomed from the start, for not having the right team skills on board from the onset. Upskilling to meet new challenges and direction is key to getting a team to deliver on discontinuous transformation.
TWB_ has supported scores of multi-million and multi-hundred million dollar business transformation moves in mergers, IT transformation and restructuring. Some of these instances are:
- World’s leading bank acquires a leading investment bank and turns to TWB_ to unify business processes, develop training and deliver it over 30,000 people and 100 countries
- World’s leading wealth management company acquires businesses in Asia, South America an Europe and brings in TWB to develop processes and deliver process and culture training.
- World’s largest systems integrator moves its IT operations from US and Asia HQ to India and TWB_ develops culture, product, process and compliance training and delivered to over 2000 employees.
TWB_ Corporate Training for Business Transformation
TWB_ Corporate Training has catalysed multi-hundred million dollar business transformations. Across the US, Australia, Europe. Businesses to find better efficiencies in Banking, Telecoms, Pharma, and Product Engineering with TWB_. Leaders like AXA, BearingPoint, Fidelity, Genpact, DimensionData, and ABB rely on TWB_ Corporate Training to catalyse learning, transfer processes and implement smoothly.
- Call TWB_ Bangalore 96860 59020 | Houston (832)689-6456 | Tel Aviv +972.544.603.612 or email@example.com
- Download the “TWB_ Case Study: Process Documentation & Transition in International M&A“
- Get more TWB_ insights on the TWB_ Blog | LinkedIn | Medium | SlideShare